March 21, 2010









You know how sometimes you get something in your head that you really want to make, but you can't find a recipe anywhere for it?  You search by ingredients on all the right online cooking sources and still - nothing.  This is how I was with an ice cream pie I wanted to make.  I didn't want nuts or fruit or even chocolate getting in the way of the ice cream, and I definitely wanted the ingredients to include vanilla ice cream, sour cream, cream cheese and whipped cream.  So that's what I started with and just kind of felt my way through.


I put it all in an Oreo crust and ended up tossing some chocolate on top (it was actually leftover fondue from Valentine's Day, made from semi-sweet chocolate, heavy whipping cream and brandy).


Best served after sitting out for a few minutes so it's not frozen completely solid.

Ok, I'd find a way to incorporate my ice cream pie into some deeper, more meaningful subject and write a bit longer but I have to go cut Dusty's hair.

1 comment:

  1. Ummm, how do I say this? .....Oh. Right, that's how:

    YYYEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!

    Ok, so the pie is plenty deep on its own, and needs no justification for its existence. "No" as in "absolutely none".

    ReplyDelete

Do I need to be liked? Absolutely not. I like to be liked. I enjoy being liked. I have to be liked. But it's not like a compulsive need to be liked. Like my need to be praised.